Bags that develop under the eyes normally occurs with age. They are caused by skin that begins to sag with age and even accumulates fluid, giving those bags a puffy look. They make you look old and tired. The good news is, there is something you can do about it, and it's not cosmetic surgery.
Here are 5 things you can do at home to help get rid of that extra baggage.
- Egg whites - save some of those egg whites if you're making meringue, or whip a couple egg whites and apply them under the eye. Egg whites are mild, safe and will help tighten the skin under your eyes. Apply with either a brush or a soft cloth.
- Tea for two - two eyes, that is. Yes, tea bags placed over the eyes will help get rid of those bags. For best results, freeze the bags and then take them out for about 15 minutes before placing them over your eyes.
- Cucumbers - are not only good in your salad but also good for your eyes. Place cool cucumber slices over your eyes to get rid of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
- Drink water - drinking lots of water will often flush away excess salt from your system which often collects under the eyes.
- Products on the market - there are some products on the market that are also good for bags, like Biologique Recherche Serum Yall-O2 which some claim to work great, but it comes with a huge price tag.
Of course, getting enough sleep, exercise and eating healthy are also very important when it comes to keeping your skin, eyes and entire body healthy.