|Dr. Chantale and Dr. Gameli|
Here are some recommendations from BestiesMD, Dr. Chantale and Dr. Gameli. These female doctors have a web site that is devoted to giving health education to their sisters:
- Keep a healthy weight - your weight is tied to your estrogen levels. The higher the estrogen, the greater the risk for breast cancer.
- Exercise regularly - results in lower fat levels which will help reduce breast cancer risk.
- Get enough sleep - not getting enough sleep can actually contribute to weight gain.
- Breastfeeding - changes and helps protect breast tissue.
- Limit alcohol - even 3 drinks a week can increase the risk for breast cancer.
- Don't smoke - is never a good idea, but this is especially important before the birth of your first baby.
Read more about how to reduce breast cancer risk at www.bestiesmd.com