White teeth are in. Anyone now can have a beautiful smile with pretty, white teeth, whether they have it professionally done or use many of the teeth-whitening products on the market. It takes time, and some money, so it's important to know what foods will quickly ruin all the hard work you have invested in getting your teeth white.
The worst foods for staining your teeth are:
- Coffee and tea: Most people know that drinking coffee and tea can stain your teeth. But you don't have to give up on these drinks to keep your teeth white. You can drink green, white and herbal teas because they stain less, or add milk to your coffee.
- Dark sodas: Yes, that caramel color in your soda will end up on your teeth. But you can lessen the damage by drinking through a straw. Or you can stop drinking sodas...
- Tomato sauces: Any tomato-based sauce, like the ones you find on pizza, spaghetti and even in tomato soup, can stain your teeth. You can lessen the staining by eating spinach or broccoli before you consume anything with red sauce.
- Red wine: Again, red is hard on teeth, including red wine. Great for your heart but not your teeth.
- Blueberries: Not only blueberries but also blackberries, cherries and pomegranates will stain your teeth, unless you brush your teeth right after eating.
If you still insist on eating or drinking these foods, make sure to:
- Brush your teeth right away.
- Rinse your mouth several times during the day.
- Use a straw when possible.
- Visit the dentist every six months!