Did you know that our bodies consist mostly of water? It's true; two thirds of our body weight is water. So, doesn't it make sense that water is important to your body? Yet many people do not drink enough water daily, and this makes it difficult for the body to function properly.
If you see these 5 signs, you are not getting enough water
- Digestion problems: Water helps with the digestion of food. Not drinking enough water can actually cause indigestion, constipation, and other tummy troubles.
- Dark color urine: Urine should be light yellow and clear. If it is dark, it is a sign of dehydration. In extreme cases, dehydration can lead to urinary tract infections.
- Dry eyes: A lack of water in the body can dry up tear ducts, causing dry, bloodshot eyes.
- Joint pain: Pain in the joints can actually be a sign of dehydration. Why? Because your cartilage and spinal discs are made up of about 80 percent water.
- Can't shake an illness: If colds and other sickness hangs on too long, it can be sign that you are not drinking enough water. Why? Because water helps flush toxins out of the body.
How much water should you drink?
As much as you can! Everyone is different, and so is the amount of water you need. The Mayo Clinic recommends 13 cups/3 liters of water a day for men, and 9 cups/2.2 liters a day for women.
Read more at www.top10homeremedies.com/news-facts/10-warning-signs-that-your-body-is-lacking-water.html