Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Woman Ends Up in Emergency Room After Trying New Lipstick
Lily Cleopatra Maurice wanted to look pretty for her husband's birthday, but what she got was anything but pretty! After applying a new CoverGirl Queen Collection lipstick, Maurice's lips began to swell, and swell, and swell until she ended up in the emergency room.
It wasn't just the swelling of her lips, but also choking that sent Maurice to the ER. Dermatologist Dr. Jeannette Graf explained that what occurred was an allergic reaction to an ingredient in the lipstick. Although it had not yet been confirmed, it could have been related to the lipstick's fragrance. Fortunately, Maurice was given steroids to reduce the swelling and is doing much better.
CoverGirl appeared to be genuinely concerned over the incident, reaching out to Maurice to offer help. The company stated that they "conduct extensive testing on all our products to ensure they’re safe and effective." During the testing of this product, nothing stood out as posing any potential problems.
Nevertheless, Maurice posted her entire incident on Facebook as a way to letting other women know about the potential danger of using CoverGirl Queen Collection lipstick. She didn't want anyone else to experience the same thing.
Here's her post below:
DISCLAIMER: The content or opinions expressed on this web site are not to be interpreted as medical advice. Please consult with your doctor or medical practitioner before utilizing any suggestions on this web site.